Through the generous donations of alumni and friends, the BSE Department has 13 endowed student scholarships. The department awards scholarships each spring to approximately 40 undergraduate students for individual amounts ranging from $700-$14,000 for the following academic year. Scholarships are awarded on either need or merit, depending on the specifications of the endowment. The department also awards grants to support graduate and undergraduate students travel to professional meetings. A list of the endowed scholarship funds is as follows:
- Gordon E. Barlow Scholarship Endowment
- J. Lawrence & Lucille G. Calhoun Scholarship Endowment
- Peter H. Fitzgerald Scholarship Endowment
- John B. Greiner Scholarship Endowment
- Jim & Elizabeth Lillard Scholarship Endowment
- John Philip Mason Scholarship Endowment
- Saied & Parynaz Mostaghimi BSE Endowment
- B. L. Parsons Scholarship Endowment
- Julia Kathleen Pryde Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Earl T. Swink, Jr Scholarship Endowment
- Earl T. Swink, Jr #2 Scholarship Endowment
- George C. Vaughan Scholarship Endowment
- Frank & Joan Woeste Scholarship Endowment
Memorial Scholarship and Travel Grants for International Activities
The Julia Kathleen Pryde Memorial Scholarship Fund was established through the generosity of her family, friends and our alumni in 2007 in memory of Julia Pryde (BS ’06, MS ’07) who passed away tragically on April 16, 2007.. The fund supports undergraduate and graduate BSE students who are interested in international activities, particularly in sustainability of the environment, as Julia was.
Please submit the Julia K. Pryde Memorial Travel Grant Application form to apply for a travel grant related to sustainability of the environment. Applications for travel grants are accepted any time, preferably at least two months before the proposed travel.
The Pratt Scholarship is intended to support international travel and programs that broaden our student’s educational, professional and personal background. In BSE the fund can be used by students for international exchanges, internships, volunteer work, and for travel to international conferences at which the student is presenting their work.
Scholarship Application Form
Please submit the College of Engineering application form to apply for both BSE Department and College of Engineering scholarships.
Application Deadline: March 1
We also strongly encourage you to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is a requisite for consideration for need-based scholarships.
2016-2017 BSE Scholarship Recipents